- To be able to use the MKS console on vCenter virtual servers, VSs must not be configured for VNC access in vCenter.
- In order for a vCenter VS console to work, the system_host parameter in /onapp/interface/config/on_app.yml file must be changed from its default value onapp.com to an appropriate FQDN or IP address of the Control Panel server.
You can use the virtual server console to manage your virtual servers in command line mode. To use the VS console:
- Go to Control Panel > Cloud > Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the Label of the appropriate Virtual Server.
- Go to the Console tab and click MKS. The console window will appear.
If you want users to have access to the MKS/VMRC console within OnApp then you will need to use a publicly routable IP address/domain name as the "vCloud Director public console proxy address" within your vCloud Director settings.
You can lock this IP/domain access down as required, however, it will need communication to the OnApp Control Panel over port 902 (for MKS) and 443 (for VMRC).