The networking functionality available at Control Panel > Settings > Networks enables you to manage networks and work with IP nets. A network can contain several IP nets which include IP ranges with a default gateway. The network details page shows the list of IP nets in a network with their IP ranges which include the IPs assigned to virtual servers and/or users.
OnApp currently offers two types of IP nets: IP Pool and Manual IP. IP Pool nets are the regular type of IP net it OnApp, they contain IPs assigned to users/VSs and are available during server creation. When a VS is imported into OnApp and its IP is within one of the IP ranges from the vCenter networks, the IP is added to the IP net of the corresponding network.
If the IP of a vCenter VS that is being imported is not a part of an IP range in any of the vCenter networks, a special type of an IP net is created, Manual, and the IP of such a VS is added to it. Manual IP nets contain a single IP range which includes the whole space of IPv4 IP addresses. IPs from an Manual IP net are not available in the VS creation wizard. Manual IP nets can be viewed or deleted. A network can contain only one Manual IP net.
For information on IP Pool nets refer to Network Settings.
On this page:
View Manual IP Nets
To view details of an IP net:
- Go to your Control Panel's Settings menu.
- Click the Networks icon. The page that loads shows the shared networks in your cloud.
- Click the label of the network you are interested in. The screen will display the network's label, identifier, VLAN and network zone.
This page also includes the IP nets in the selected network. Click an IP net of the Manual type net to view the list of IPs in it with the user and/or VS they are assigned to.
Delete Manual IP Net
You can delete only those IP nets that do not contain any IP ranges.
To delete an IP net:
- Go to Control Panel > Settings > Networks. The page that loads shows the shared networks in your cloud.
- Click the label of the network from which you want to remove an IP net.
- Click the Actions icon next to the required IP net with the Manual type and select Delete.