Import vCenter Templates
Create Template on the vCenter Side
Before creating a vCenter template, make sure the correct credentials to the root or administrator account are used.
To create vCenter template:
- Create a new vCenter virtual server.
Install VMware tools on your virtual server.
Make sure that Perl is installed on this virtual server.
- Convert your virtual server to the template.
Configuration on the OnApp Side
As you add a vCenter compute resource to OnApp, the vCenter templates are also imported and stored at the vCenter Template List page in the Pending state. To finalize the import of the vCenter templates and be able to manage them, it is required to update the templates on the OnApp side by specifying the template's credentials.
Before importing templates from vCenter, make sure that the following conditions are met:
- Install VMware tools inside the VS by following the VMware instructions.
- Make sure that Perl is installed on this VS.
Otherwise, the functionality of the imported templates may be limited.
To change the status of the vCenter templates to active:
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Templates > vCenter Template List menu.
- Next to the required template, click the Actions button > select the Edit template option.
- In the initial username and password fields, indicate the template credentials, set during the template’s creation.
- Click the Save button.
The template’s status will change to Active, and it will be possible to select this template while adding a vCenter template to the Template Store.
Add Template to Template Store
To add a vCenter template to the template store:
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Templates > Template Store menu.
- Select the label of the Template Group you need to add the vСenter template to.
- Click in the Actions column.
- Select the Add vCenter Template option from the drop-down list.
- Select the vCenter template from the list of available vCenter templates in the dropbox.
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
Once finished, the template will be available to select on the Templates step of the VS Creation wizard.
- Please note that for the Windows templates imported from vCenter it is impossible to select the MAK license during the VS creation. Instead, select the Your own license option and manually indicate the License Key.
- Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2 templates are not supported.