This page provides information on how to edit vCenter compute resources and how to manage their data store joins.
Edit details of vCenter compute resource
To edit details of a vCenter compute resource:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu.
- Click the Compute Resources icon.
- Click the Actions button next to the vCenter compute resource you want to edit and then click Edit.
- On the screen that follows, change details as required:
- Label - enter a compute resource label
- Compute Resource Type - choose the vCenter compute resource type
- Operating System Type - the operating system type of the virtual servers that can live on this compute resource
- CPU Units - adjust the slider to set the desired amount of CPU units for this compute resource
- Enabled - whether the compute resource is enabled or not (compute resources that are not enabled cannot be used to host VSs)
- Collect Stats - move the slider to the right to collect statistics for this compute resource
- Compute Zone - the compute zone to which the compute resource is assigned
- API URL - set the vCenter API URL - e.g. https://example.com
- Login - specify the vCenter login
- Password - specify the vCenter password
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Go to compute resource label > Tools and click Resync vCenter to import all networks and datastore that are not currently synchronized in OnApp from vCenter.
- The vCenter networks are imported into one network zone and you can move them to different zones.
- In one network zone, you can have networks that are assigned to vCenter and networks that are assigned to Xen/KVM compute resources.
On this page:
Manage vCenter compute resource data stores
Data stores can easily be attached and removed from vCenter ompute resources. This association between a compute resource and a data store is called a data store join.
You can add data stores to a compute resource only if they are assigned to the zones of the same type. For more information refer to Zone Types.
To add/remove data store joins:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu and click the Compute resources icon.
- Click the label of the vCenter compute resource you want to manage data stores for.
- On the screen that appears, click the Tools button, then click Manage Data Stores.
- On the screen that follows, you'll see a list of all data stores currently associated with this vCenter compute resource.
To remove a data store join, click the Delete icon next to it. You'll be asked for confirmation before the store is removed.
To add a new data store join, choose a data store from the drop-down menu and click the Add Data Store button.