Create vCenter Compute Zone
To create a new vCenter compute zone:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu.
- Click the Compute Zones icon.
- Click + button or Create Compute Zone.
- On the screen that follows, give your compute zone a name (Label), choose Server Type (virtual), and select Location Group. For more info on location groups, refer to Location Groups.
Please do not proceed with other settings, since they will not be applicable after attaching a vCenter compute resource and converting into vCenter compute zone.
- Click Save.
- You will be redirected to the View Compute Zone page, where you can see Unassigned Compute Resources that can be added to this compute zone. If you want to assign a vCenter compute resource(s), click + button.
The vCenter compute resource cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this zone already has any compute resources and attached networks.
The compute resource that does not belong to vCenter cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this compute zone has vCenter compute resource and attached networks.
- Please do not assign data stores to vCenter compute zones. Instead, you may assign data stores to vCenter compute resources by using this instruction.