To create a new vCenter compute zone:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu and click the Compute Zones icon.
- Press "+" or click the Create Compute Zone button.
On the screen that follows give your compute zone a name (Label), choose Server Type (virtual) and select Location Group.
Please do not proceed with other settings, since they will not be applicable after attaching a vCenter compute resource and converting into vCenter compute zone.
- Click the Save button.
- You will be redirected to the Compute Zone overview page. On this page, you will see Unassigned Compute Resources which can be added to this Compute Zone.
Click the "+" icon to assign a required vCenter compute resource(s).
- The vCenter compute resource cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this zone already has any compute resources and attached networks.
The compute resource that does not belong to vCenter cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this compute zone has vCenter compute resource and attached networks.
- Please do not assign data stores to vCenter compute zones. Instead, you may assign data stores to vCenter compute resources by following this instruction.