To add a vCenter compute resource to OnApp:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu.
- Click the Compute Resources icon.
- Press "+" button or click the Add New Compute Resource button underneath the list of compute resources.
- On the screen that appears:
- Label - enter a compute resource label
- Compute Resource Type - choose the vcenter compute resource type
- vCenter server - select the necessary vCenter server from the dropbox
- Cluster - select the necessary cluster assigned to the specified vCenter server from the dropbox
- Compute Zone - the compute zone to which the compute resource is assigned
- Click the Save button. The compute resource will be added to the system. You can view it under the Compute Resources menu. The transaction will be launched to import all networks and data stores.
Click the compute resource label > Tools > Import from vCenter if it is necessary to rerun the transaction that will import all networks and data stores.
- Go to Admin > Settings > Compute Zones and create a compute zone.
- Attach the vCenter compute resource to the compute zone by selecting the resource from the list of unassigned compute resources.
- The vCenter compute resource cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this zone already has any compute resources and attached networks.
The compute resource that does not belong to vCenter cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this compute zone has vCenter compute resource and attached networks.