To add a vCenter compute resource to OnApp:
- Go to your Control Panel > Settings menu.
- Click the Compute Resources icon.
- Press "+" button or clifck the Add New Compute Resource button underneath the list of compute resources on the screen.
- On the screen that appears:
- Label - enter a compute resource label
- Compute Resource Type - choose the vcenter compute resource type
- Operating System Type - the operating system type of the virtual servers that can live on this compute resource
- CPU Units - adjust the slider to set the desired amount of CPU units for this compute resource
- Enabled - whether the compute resource is enabled or not (compute resources that are not enabled cannot be used to host VSs)
- Collect Stats - move the slider to the right to collect statistics for this compute resource
- Compute Zone - the compute zone to which the compute resource is assigned
- API URL - set the vCenter API URL - e.g. https://example.com
- Login - specify the vCenter login
- Password - specify the vCenter password
- Click the Save button. The compute resource will be added to the system. You can view it under the Compute Resources menu. The transaction will be launched to import all networks and data stores.
Click the compute resource label > Tools > Import from vCenter if it is necessary to rerun the transaction that will import all networks and data stores.
- The vCenter networks are imported into one network zone and you can move them to different zones.
- In one network zone, you can have networks that are assigned to vCenter and networks that are assigned to Xen/KVM compute resources.
- Go to Settings > Compute Zones and create a compute zone.
- Attach the vCenter compute resource to the compute zone by selecting the resource from the list of unassigned compute resources.
- The vCenter compute resource cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this zone already has any compute resources and attached networks.
The compute resource that does not belong to vCenter cannot be assigned to a compute zone if this compute zone has vCenter compute resource and attached networks.
- After adding/deleting vCenter compute resource you need to restart OnApp service on the Control Panel for the correct resources synchronization.