Manage vCenter Virtual Server Custom Variables
SSH connection between VS and Control Panel is required for running recipes on vCenter virtual servers.
You can define custom variables for particular virtual servers. Each custom variable is a name-value set that can be used during the virtual server recipe implementation. Custom variables are set on a per-server basis. You can create custom variables during the virtual server creation or via the virtual server Overview menu.
To create a new custom variable:
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Virtual Servers menu.
- You'll see a list of all virtual servers in your cloud. Click the name of a virtual server for which you want to create a variable.
- On the virtual server details screen, click the Overview tab, then choose Recipes Variables.
- On the screen that appears, click the + button.
- Specify the recipe name and its value.
- Move the Enabled slider to the right to allow the use of this recipe.
- Click Save.
To edit a custom variable, click the Edit icon next to the required variable and change its details.
To delete a custom variable, click the Delete icon next to the variable you want to remove. You will be asked to confirm the deletion.
It is possible to set custom variables for image templates, as well as for virtual servers. Virtual server custom variables will always overlay template custom variables.