SSH connection between VS and Control Panel is required for running recipes on vCenter virtual servers.
To manage virtual server recipes:
- Go to your Control Panel > Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the label of the server you're interested in.
- Click the Overview tab, then choose Recipes.
- The screen that follows shows details of all the recipes in the cloud:
- The left pane shows the list of available recipes organized into recipe groups.
- The right pane displays the list of events to which the recipes can be assigned. Click the arrow button next to the event to expand the list of recipes assigned to it.
Use the drag and drop feature to assign a recipe to the desired event.
You can assign virtual server recipes to the following events:
- VS Provisioning - run the recipe during the virtual server provisioning
- VS Network rebuild - run the recipe while rebuilding a network
- VS Disk added - run the recipe while adding a disk to the virtual server
- VS Network Interface added - run the recipe while adding a network interface to the virtual server
- VS Disk resized - run the recipe while resizing a virtual server disk
- VS Resize - run the recipe while resizing the virtual server
To use drag and drop:
- Click the arrow button in front of the required event to unfold it.
- Select the required recipe in the right pane and hold it down with the left mouse button.
- Drag the recipe up to the left pane and release the mouse button to drop the recipe and add it to the required event.
- Click the arrow button in front of the required event to view the list of recipes assigned to it.
- Click the Delete button next to the recipe you want to remove.