To edit a VMware Cloud Director virtual server disk, use the following request:
You also can edit a virtual server disk, using the following URL: /virtual_machines/:virtual_machines_id/disks/:id
XML Request Example
JSON Request Example
label - the label of the disk
disk_size - the disk space in GB
data_store_id - the ID of a data store you want to migrate the disk to
hot_migrate_disk - set to 1 to migrate the disk in the hot (live) mode, otherwise, set to 0
- You cannot decrease the size of the disk.
- If fast provisioning is enabled for the disk resource pool, the disk cannot be resized.
- If you resize the disk of a VS that is powered on, the virtual server will be rebooted.
- If you migrate the disk without the hot_migrate_disk option enabled, the virtual server will be rebooted.
- You can only migrate disks to data stores in data store zones assigned to your bucket.
- You cannot migrate a disk to a data store with less capacity than the disk size.