VCloud Director system administrators are not automatically imported into OnApp from vCloud Director (as, in this case they will automatically get access to all the OnApp functions). Alternatively, OnApp administrators can set their own vCloud Director credentials to be able to log into vCloud Director and manage vCloud Director resources with OnApp.
Also OnApp administrators can create system administrators in their OnApp cloud and assign administrator roles to them at their own risk. After that system administrators can log in to OnApp and then set their vCD credentials by themselves. Administrators can also set the vCloud Director password for their users.
The following vCloud Director credentials are displayed on the user profile page:
- Login - the user's vCloud Director login
- Password - click the Change Password link to edit the user's vCloud Director credentials
Set System Administrator Credentials
To set system administrator credentials:
- Click the Create Credentials button.
- On the screen that appears, set the vCloud Director login and password to be able to manage vCloud resources Director with OnApp.
- Click Test Connection to ensure that credentials are correct.
- Click Save.
Set User's vCloud Director Password
To set user's vCloud Director password:
- Click the Change Password button.
- On the screen that appears, set the vCloud Director password.
- Click Test Connection to ensure that password is correct.
- Click Save.
- API key - click the Generate key button to generate a new API key.