You can update to OnApp 6.5 from OnApp 6.4 and OnApp 6.5 Edges. Before upgrading to OnApp 6.5, read these upgrade notes to get ready for the upgrade.
Please note that:
- The support status of Xen changes to End of Support in OnApp 6.5. We will no longer develop features or provide full support for Xen compute resources in OnApp clouds. That is why we recommend you migrate your VSs from Xen to KVM.
- CentOS 6 reached End of Life and is no longer supported. You may upgrade to CentOS 7.
To test the upgrade, you may first simulate the upgrade process in the test environment. For the instructions, refer to the Configuring Control Panel Environment for Simulation Purposes page.
Control Panel Server
- Check the Activity Log on your OnApp CP dashboard if there are no transactions running on your cloud. Wait until all transactions are completed before proceeding to the upgrade.
Make sure no Control Panel files are open for editing under the root user account.
- If you use an isolated license, you need to manually sync with the dashboard by downloading a validation request and then uploading a validation response after the Control Panel upgrade. For more information on how to do this, refer to the License page.
If you use custom languages on your CP, after the upgrade, run the following tasks to import a custom language to Control Panel:
- If you plan to deploy Accelerator, refer to the RabbitMQ Configuration for Accelerator document for more details.
Since OnApp 6.4, you can migrate from old compute resources to the newly introduced vCenter servers, where the cloud architecture will be reproduced automatically.
- A cluster is treated as a compute resource and named after it, placed in a separate compute zone, also named after the cluster.
- The networks and data store are in the same network zones and data store zones they used to before the update.
- The relations between networks, compute resources, and data stores are the same as in vCenter.
Backup Resource Zones
If you are using the Veeam plugin, after the upgrade to 6.5, your compute zone will be split into different zones and will not be joined to the backup resource zone with the Veeam plugin.
You should add the newly created zones to the backup resource zone with the Veeam plugin after the upgrade.
To do that:
- Go to Settings > Compute Zones, click the label of a compute zone you are interested in > Tools > Manage Backup Resource Zones
- On the page that loads, pick the needed Backup Resource Zone from the dropdown
- Click Submit to save the changes
Downgrade OnApp Version
Unfortunately, it is not possible to downgrade your version of OnApp once it has been upgraded. The only way to return to a previous version is to do a fresh install of the OnApp software using the version you would like to use again. You will also need to restore your database from a database dump before the installation.