To manage a virtual server administrative options:
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the label of the required virtual server.
- Click the Actions button and point to Administration on the VS's screen to expand the VS menu.
- The Administration menu enables you to perform the following administrative action on VSs:
Reset Root Password - resets the root password for this VS (the password is displayed in VS Information).
Particular characters are not allowed for Windows-based virtual servers:
- percent sign [%]
- double quotation marks [“]
- brackets [<,>]
- vertical bar [|]
- caret [^]
- ampersand [&]
- parentheses [(,)]
To edit FQDN (fully qualified domain name):
- Click the Edit FQDN button.
- In the pop-up dialog box, edit the hostname and the domain name.
Move the Force reboot slider to the right to enable FQDN update in case the transaction fails with a running virtual server.
- If the Force reboot is disabled, the FQDN will be changed on the fly if possible. If it is not possible, the transaction will fail and the FQDN won't be changed.
- If the Force option is enabled, you will see two more options, Shutdown type, and Required startup.
Select the shutdown type from the dropdown list (Gracefully shutdown or power off).
- Gracefully shutdown - to run a graceful shutdown of VSs
- Power Off - to run a forceful shutdown of VSs
- Tick the Required startup checkbox to start up the virtual server automatically after the FQDN is updated.
- Click the Submit button.
Set SSH Keys
- Make sure you have Add ssh keys for own virtual servers permission enabled to have access to this functionality.
- This functionality is applicable to Linux-based VSs only.
- The virtual server will be rebooted after setting SSH keys.
- If a VS owner does not have any SSH keys, the system will only assign admin keys.
- Note that if you have some custom-added keys, they will be lost after setting SSH keys.
To set SSH keys for a virtual server:
Click the Set SSH keys button to assign SSH keys of the admin and a VS owner to the VS.
- In the pop-up dialog box, click the Set SSH keys button to confirm the action.