This guide outlines the features of the OnApp 5.5 cloud hosting engine. It describes the basics of the engine architecture and explains how to create virtual machines and work with OnApp.
The OnApp User Guide includes the following chapters:
- Document Conventions - describes the formatting conventions used in this guide.
- Default Permissions for User Role - covers the list of default permissions set for the user role.
- OnApp Basics - gives a brief overview of the virtualization technology and covers basic features of the OnApp cloud engine.
- Control Panel Overview - familiarizes with the OnApp Control Panel Dashboard and briefs you on how you can deal with User Profile.
- Appliances - describes the utilization of virtual and physical devices that can be provisioned in the cloud.
- Templates - provides details on what an OnApp template is, types of templates, as well as how you can create a custom template and build a VS based on it. Besides, it includes ISOs chapter, which describes how to upload your custom bootable ISOs for recovery purposes.
- Recipes - describes the use if recipes for adding new functionalities to the cloud.
- AWS - describes possibility to manage Amazon EC2 instances from OnApp Control Panel using AWS API.
- Users - outlines the Users section of the OnApp Control Panel.
- Groups - provides an overview of the organization of the OnApp users into user groups.
- Logs - provides the list of transactions available with OnApp and tells how to view them.
- Statistics - outlines the statistics on the resources used by your virtual machines.
- Billing Plans - familiarizes with the OnApp billing system and explains how the base resource limits and prices are set in the Control Panel.