To install the Control Panel server, perform the following procedure:
- Install CentOS 7x64 minimal on the server you will use for your OnApp cloud Control Panel.
- On that server, configure eth0 for the public Internet:
- In a lab environment, set eth0 to DHCP to allocate the IPs that will be used to manage OnApp.
- In a production environment, this should be the internal or external IP addresses that users will use to manage OnApp.
Instead of ethX, network adapter devices may be named enoX in CentOS 7.
Configure eth1 to be used for the OnApp Management Network. This should be an internal IP range that OnApp will use to manage compute resources in your cloud.
Update your OS packages:
Add the OnApp latest repository to your OnApp Control Panel:
Install the OnApp Control Panel installer package:
Run the OnApp installation script:
Answer 'yes' to the prompts when asked
Install the OnApp Storage packages:
Run the OnApp Storage configuration script:
This will prompt you for a password. Please enter a secure password when prompted.
Restart the OnApp daemon:
Once the daemon has reloaded, you’ll be able to log in to the OnApp UI: go to the IP address of the OnApp Control Panel server in a browser and log in with the default credentials: admin/changeme
You will need to enter a license key – if you have not been provided one already, please contact your account manager. Enter the provided license key when prompted and save – wait 10 minutes to have full access to the OnApp GUI.
We now need to enable CloudBoot and OnApp storage. Browse to Settings > Configuration and scroll about half way down the page to the CloudBoot and OnApp Storage sections.
14. Configure the CloudBoot section – ensure that CloudBoot is enabled and then set the following to the Management Interface IP of your OnApp Control Panel node:
Static config target
CP server CloudBoot target
- CloudBoot Domain Name Servers
15. Configure the OnApp Storage section – ensure that OnApp Storage and Use local read path are both enabled. If your switch does not have multicast support, you will need to check the Use unicast button as well.
It is strongly recommended that you use a multicast-enabled network infrastructure for performance reasons.