- Go to your Control Panel's Baremetal Servers menu.
- On the screen that appears, press "+" button or click the Add New Baremetal Serverbutton underneath the list of servers on the screen.
- Complete the baremetal server creation form:
Step 1 of 4. Templates
Сhoose a template to build a baremetal server on, then click Next.
Step 2 of 4. Properties
Label - the label of the virtual server.
- Hostname - the hostname of the virtual server. The hostname may consist of letters [A-Z a-z], digits [0-9] and dash [ - ]
- Password - a secure password for the Baremetal Server. If you leave password field blank, it will be generated automatically.
- Password confirmation - repeat the password to confirm it.
- Encrypt password - move the Encrypt Password slider to the right, to encrypt your password, then enter an encryption key in the field that appears.
- Click Next.
Step 3 of 4. Resources
- Compute zone - choose a baremetal compute zone to build the baremetal server on.
- Compute resource - Choose a specific baremetal compute resource to reside the baremetal server on. Please note: you can only reside your baremetal server on cloud booted Xen compute resources.
- Network Zone - choose a network zone from the drop-down list.
- Show only my IP addresses - tick this checkbox to view only own IP addresses in the IP addresses dropbox.
- Selected IP address - the Baremetal Server's selected IP address.
- Click Next.
Step 4. Recipes
- Choose a recipe you want to assign to this baremetal server by dragging the required recipe to the Assigned recipes pane.
- To add a custom variable, click the "+" button next to the Custom recipe variables title bar, then specify variable details:
- Specify the recipe name and its value.
- Move the Enabled slider to the right to allow use of this variable.
- Click Submit button. The baremetal server will be added to the system. You can view it under the Baremetal Servers menu.
You can use the following templates find the list of templates for baremetal server creation :
CentOS 6.4 x6
Debian 6.0 x64
Debian 7.0 x64
Fedora 16 x64
Gentoo 12.0 x64
Gentoo 12.1 x64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 x64
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 x64
Ubuntu 12.04 x64 Windows 2008 x64 Std R2 Ver3.2 Windows 2008 x64 Dc R2 Ver3.2
under the following links ( marked by "Yes" in column "Baremetal") :
The image templates for provisioning the baremetal servers are stored in the following locations depending on the configuration:
1. If Use SSH File transfer CP configuration option is enabled in Control Panel Settings > Configuration menu, then the image template will be fetched from the specified server.
2. If Use SSH File transfer option is disabled, the image templates are located at /onapp/templates, which is mounted from server specified in Static Config target CP configuration option (Control Panel's Settings > Configuration menu). Usually this is set to Control Panel server IP, but you can change it to be any other server.