We're continually developing the OnApp platform to add new features and capabilities and to make our software as robust and reliable as possible with each new release. OnApp offers a wide range of support services for customers with paid licenses, but eventually, each release of the OnApp platform reaches End of Life (EoL) and will no longer be supported. This page explains the OnApp EoL policy and the type of support OnApp will provide during the lifecycle of each release.
Starting with OnApp v.5.0 we're introducing the LTS (Long Term Support) releases - the most stable and best-supported versions of OnApp software. Long Term Support releases have major version numbers (the most recent is OnApp 6.0). LTS releases make upgrading easier. They are released every 18-24 months and you’ll simply upgrade to the next LTS release when it becomes available – without having to upgrade through one or more interim releases. You can also upgrade to the new LTS version if you are using the last Stable release.
Stable releases provide a robust, production-ready feature set that incorporates the functionality of previous Edge releases. A Stable release may include beta functionality, but that functionality will always be clearly marked as beta. Stable releases will be supported until the next Stable release, or the next Long Term Support release (whichever comes first). They will appear approximately every 6 months. From a Stable release version, you can upgrade to a new Stable version or an LTS version, depending on which one comes first.
Edge releases typically introduce new features, features with known limitations, or features still in beta. These releases are designed for customers who want to be on the cutting edge with latest capabilities. Customers are welcome to upgrade to Edge releases but should be aware that new functionality will not be production-ready. Edge releases will only be supported by the next Edge release. Support on Edge releases is on a best effort basis. Edge releases will appear approximately every 4-6 weeks.
End of life policy summary
- LTS releases will be supported for a minimum of 2 years
- Stable releases will be supported until the next Stable release, or the next LTS release (whichever comes first)
- Edge releases will be supported till the next edge release
- EoL is announced by email from firstname.lastname@example.org and through this page.
Support status for OnApp releases to date
|Release||Support status||GA date||EoL announced||EoL Date|
|6.0 LTS||Current Support||October 2018|
|5.10 Edge Release||End of Life||August 2018||October 2018||January 2019|
|5.9 Edge Release||End of Life||July 2018||October 2018||January 2019|
|5.8 Edge Release||End of Life||May 2018||October 2018||January 2019|
|5.7 Edge Release||End of Life||February 2018||October 2018||January 2019|
|5.6 Edge Release||End of Life||November 2017||October 2018||October 2018|
|5.5 Stable Release||Technical Guidance||September 2017||October 2018||April 2019|
|5.4||End of Life||May 2017||October 2018||October 2018|
|5.3||End of Life||January 2017||October 2018||October 2018|
|5.2||End of Life||December 2016||October 2018||October 2018|
|5.1||End of Life||October 2016||October 2018||October 2018|
|5.0 LTS||Technical Guidance ||September 2016||October 2018||April 2019|
|4.3||End of Life||May 2016||January 2017||May 31st 2017|
|4.2||End of Life||March 2016||December 2016||March 31st 2017|
|4.1||End of Life||September 2015||December 2016||March 31st 2017|
|4.0||End of Life||June 2015||December 2016||March 31st 2017|
|3.5||End of Life||March 2015||April 2016||December 2016|
|3.4||End of Life||December 2014||April 2016||October 2016|
|3.3||End of Life||August 2014||April 2016||July 2016|
|3.2||End of Life||January 2014||April 2016||June 2016|
|3.1||End of Life||November 2013||June 2015||August 31st 2015|
|3.0||End of Life||February 2013||August 2014||October 31st 2014|
|2.3||End of Life||October 2011||December 2013||March 9th 2014|
|2.2||End of Life||July 2011||February 2013||May 2013|
|2.1||End of Life||May 2011||November 2012||January 2013|
End of Life
|July 2010||September 2011||December 2011|
What does each support status mean?
- Current support: we provide telephone & email support on all paid licenses. We provide critical bug and security fixes and will address non-critical issues with minor and bugfix releases when possible. There will always be at least one release in this status.
- Technical guidance support: no further patches will be released. We will accept calls and email from customers, and provide support on a best effort basis with advice and guidance. You may be advised to upgrade before escalation occurs for issues that a later release may resolve. Technical guidance support is available for all paid licenses. There may be multiple releases in this status.
- EoL: End of Life. No support is provided, and you will need to upgrade to receive support for your software. We will be happy to schedule your upgrade on request.