Before creating an integrated storage data store:
- Create one or more KVM CloudBoot compute resources to group their drives together into a virtual data store.
- Create a compute zone.
- Add your compute resources to the compute zone.
After that, you can proceed to the integrated storage data store creation.
To create a new integrated storage data store:
- Go to your Control Panel > Storage > Compute zone label > Data Stores menu.
On the screen that appears, you’ll see the list of all integrated storage data stores in the selected compute zone.
To move to the next step, make sure you have some nodes available for assigning to the newly created data store. Otherwise, the Create new Integrated Storage Data Store button won't be displayed on the screen.
- To create a new data store, click the Create new Integrated Storage Data Store button, and complete the wizard that follows:
Name - give your data store a name
Show advanced options - select this check box to reveal the list of advanced settings:
- Replicas - specify the number of data copies to increase the resilience to individual drive failure. You can specify 1, 2, or 4 replicas.
- Stripes - specify the number of data splittings to increase the number of physical disks included in the virtual disk. You can specify 0, 2, or 4 stripes.
- Overcommit - specify the over-provisioning percentage. You can set the following overcommit values: none (0%), 20%, 50% or unlimited (100%).
In order for your hard drives(nodes) to be detected and active, multicast traffic should be enabled on your switch, for the OnApp Integrated Storage Network/VLAN.
- Filter by compute resource - use this to filter the nodes (disks) available for inclusion in this data store, by specific compute resources.
- Filter by performance - use this to filter the nodes available for inclusion in this data store by performance.
- Click the Save button to create the data store.
To provision storage to VSs you need to:
- Assign the new data store to a data store zone at Control Panel > Settings > Data Store Zones > Label.
- Assign the new data store to a compute zone at Control Panel > Settings > Compute Zones > Label > Tools > Manage Data Stores. Note that you should assign the data store to the compute zone within which that data store has been created, otherwise VSs created using the data store will not startup.