The diagnostics feature allows you to check the status of each integrated storage API endpoint and resolve these issues via the OnApp user interface. The main diagnostics screen displays the disk health and node health statuses, with critical issues shown at the top and issues with minimal priority shown lower on the page.
The Diagnostics page displays the following states that may occur in the Integrated Storage system:
- Degraded vDisks
- Lost stripe members
- Inconsistent vDisk membership and current members
- Low disk space warning for physical nodes (90% or < 2 GB free)
- Snapshot and vDisk zombies/orphans
You can easily perform the following tasks via the Diagnostics page:
- Check and clear old transaction files.
- Repair vDisks.
- Repair degraded vDisks in a data store zone.
- Check that all compute resources can communicate with each other and the back-end nodes.
- Detect when a disk drive does not respond but has not been removed from the configuration.
- Ensure that the compute resources are all on the same version of OnApp.
- Check that the failover settings are set to the minimum recommended value of 2mins + if IS and failover are enabled.
To view the results of a particular diagnostics, click the label of the required test under the Diagnostics column.