You can change the zone's parameters and the price of a federated zone after it is published. If you reduce the price for the resource, the change takes place immediately. However, if you increase the pricing, the change will take effect after 28 days.
- If you have published a zone with CloudBoot Integrated storage prior to OnApp 5.2, it will be automatically marked as suitable for Cloud Motion functionality.
- If you want to add certificates to a zone published prior to OnApp 5.3, you need to contact our support team.
Edit Federated Zone
Please be advised, for the changes to take effect on the Buyer's side, the Seller must remove the compute zone from the federation and supply it again.
To edit Federated compute zones:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu, and click the Compute Zones icon.
- The screen that appears will show all zones currently set up in the cloud.
- Click the Actions button next to the required compute zone, then click Edit. You can edit the following compute zone details:
- Label - the compute zone's name
- Location group - the compute zone's location group
Release resource type - the compute zone's resource type. This option allows to free up the compute resources and over-commit RAM, CPU, and CPU shares by means of the virtual servers that are shut down. By default, the compute zone is created with the Memory Guarantee option enabled. In this case, the over-committing cannot be used. To enable resource releasing, choose either the Ballooning or Only Started VS option.
Memory guarantee - the actual free compute resource memory is calculated. All virtual servers residing on the compute resource will be able to start.
Ballooning (KVM compute resources only) - free compute resource memory is calculated with the ability to use memory over-committing. Note: a virtual server may be migrated to another compute resource if there is not enough memory for it to start up on the compute resource with the ballooning option enabled.
Do not use the ballooning option if there is at least one edge or storage server within the compute zone.
Only started VS - only the memory of running virtual servers is calculated
Max VS to start at once - the maximum number of virtual servers that can be started simultaneously on this compute resource (5 recommended). This option ensures that virtual servers with VIP status will be booted prior to other servers.
Placement type - specify the compute resource selection algorithm, that will be used on virtual server provisioning and recovery, per compute zone:
Take HV with maximum free RAM (Round Robin) - set this type to select the compute resource with maximum free RAM during the VS recovery. This option allows to perform faster migration of virtual servers with the lesser number of iterations during the failover.
Note: this option behaves in different ways, depending on the event:
- On provisioning, the round-robin algorithm will be used on compute resource selection.
On recovery, the compute resource with maximum free RAM will be selected.
Take HV with minimum required free RAM - with this type the system selects the compute resource with minimum required free RAM. This option allows filling compute resource as tightly as possible before starting to use next compute resource in the zone.
- Failover timeout - a time period for which the iterations will run during the failover if the compute resource does not respond
- CPU Units - edit the amount of CPU units assigned to each compute resource in this zone by default
- Update compute resource CPU units - move the slider to apply the edited number of CPU units to all the compute resources in this zone
- CPU guarantee - move the slider to the right to ensure there is enough CPU on the compute zone to create a new VS
Disable failover - move the slider to the right to enable the VS migration to another compute resource if the compute resource on which it is running goes offline
When you assign compute resource to the new compute zone without any compute resources, the disable failover zone’s parameter automatically takes the value of the compute resource.
When all compute resources within the zone have the same value, the compute zone’s disable failover status will be the same, otherwise the compute resources zone’s failover status will be set to disabled.
When you change the compute zone’s disable failover value, this change will be applied to all compute resources within this zone.
Run Sysprep - enable or disable Windows virtual server deployment without running Sysprep
It is not possible to set VS password when creating a Windows-based VMware virtual server without running a Sysprep.
- Extended CPU Flags - move the slider to the right to enable the usage of extended CPU flags
Instance Package VSs - move the slider to the right to enable the usage of instance packages to build VSs
If you enable the Instance Package VSs option, this compute zone will be available to create VSs using only instance packages.
- Custom Config - specify any custom commands you want to run when a compute zone is booted. This parameter is applicable only to CloudBoot compute resources.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
If you have already supplied a zone to the Market and want to install an SSL certificate, contact support to schedule a time slot, as some back-end changes will be required.
Edit Buckets for Federated Zone
You can change the bucket's limits and pricing for private federated zones. However, you cannot edit bucket's pricing and resource limits for public federated zones.
To edit the billing for a federated zone:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu, and click the Compute Zones icon. The screen that appears will show all zones currently set up in the cloud.
- Click the label of the federated zone you are interested in.
- On the page that loads, click the name of the bucket in the Being sold box.
Edit limits and pricing for compute zone(s), data store zone(s), and network zone(s). For more information, refer to the corresponding sections of the Configure Resource Allocation and Prices page.
The buyers subscribed to this zone will receive a notification if the pricing for the zone was changed. Such notification will list the new pricing from the seller, showing in parentheses how the price was modified.