We're continually developing the OnApp platform to add new features and capabilities, and to make our software as robust and reliable as possible with each new release. OnApp offers a wide range of support services for customers with paid licenses, but eventually, each release of the OnApp platform reaches End of Life (EoL) and will no longer be supported. This page explains the OnApp EoL policy and the type of support OnApp will provide during the lifecycle of each release.
Starting with OnApp v.5.0 we're introducing the LTS (Long Term Support) release - a version of OnApp that will be supported for an extended period of time. LTS releases make upgrading easier. The next LTS release will be in 12-18 months, and you’ll simply upgrade to the next LTS release when it becomes available – without having to upgrade through one or more interim releases.
In the meantime, we will be putting out “latest releases” that will introduce regular new features to the OnApp platform. These releases will be smaller updates, designed for customers that want to be on the cutting edge with latest capabilities.
End of life policy summary
- Each LTS release will be supported for a minimum of 2 years and 'Latest' release will be supported till the next release.
- We will patch critical issues in the current release (N, which gets Current Support) and the previous release (N-1, which gets Extended Support).
- Other releases (N-2 and older) receive Technical Guidance support until they reach EoL. They will not be patched.
- When a new major release reaches General Availability, N-2 moves into Technical Guidance support status, with EoL following a minimum of 3 months later.
- EoL is announced by email from firstname.lastname@example.org and through this page.
Support status for OnApp releases to date
|Release||Support status||GA date||EoL announced||EoL Date|
|5.4 Latest Release||Latest Release||May 2017|
|5.3 Latest Release||Technical Guidance||January 2017|
|5.2 Latest Release||Technical Guidance||December 2016|
|5.1 Latest Release||Technical Guidance||October 2016|
|5.0 LTS||Current Support||September 2016|
|4.3||Extended Support||May 2016||January 2017||May 31st 2017|
|4.2||End of Life||March 2016||December 2016||March 31st 2017|
|4.1||End of Life||September 2015||December 2016||March 31st 2017|
|4.0||End of Life||June 2015||December 2016||March 31st 2017|
|3.5||End of Life||March 2015||April 2016||December 2016|
|3.4||End of Life||December 2014||April 2016||October 2016|
|3.3||End of Life||August 2014||April 2016||July 2016|
|3.2||End of Life||January 2014||April 2016||June 2016|
|3.1||End of Life||November 2013||June 2015||August 31st 2015|
|3.0||End of Life||February 2013||August 2014||October 31st 2014|
|2.3||End of Life||October 2011||December 2013||March 9th 2014|
|2.2||End of Life||July 2011||February 2013||May 2013|
|2.1||End of Life||May 2011||November 2012||January 2013|
End of Life
|July 2010||September 2011||December 2011|
What does each support status mean?
- Latest release: introduce regular new features to the OnApp platform. These releases are smaller updates, designed for customers that want to be on the cutting edge with latest capabilities. Latest release will be supported till the next latest release after that Technical Guidance will be provided unless an upgrade is required to correct the situation.
- Current support: we provide telephone & email support on all paid licenses. We provide critical patches and security fixes, and will address non-critical issues with minor and bugfix releases whenever possible. There will always be one release in this status.
- Extended support: we provide telephone & email support on all paid licenses. We provide critical patches and security fixes. If a non-critical problem has been fixed in the current release, you will be advised to upgrade. There will always be one release in this status.
- Technical guidance support: no further patches will be released. We will accept calls and email from customers, and provide support on a best effort basis with advice and guidance. You may be advised to upgrade before escalation occurs for issues that a later release may resolve. Technical guidance support is available on all paid licenses. There may be multiple releases in this status.
- EoL: End of Life. No support is provided, and you will need to upgrade to receive support for your software. We will be happy to schedule your upgrade on request.