OnApp includes an integrated VNC console that gives users direct access to their virtual servers through the OnApp Control Panel, if their user role permits. Administrators can access all virtual server consoles for support and troubleshooting purposes.
The console connects the user's browser to the VNC port made available via the compute resource for the guest console. Both the administrator and the end user web UIs offer a console connection, regardless of the OS.
To access the virtual server VNC console via the control panel interface:
- Go to your Control Panel's Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the label of the virtual server you're interested in.
- On the screen that appears, click the Console button in the upper menu.
For HTML5 console, use the Re-connect button If the connection got lost:
- If console running in normal state, pressing re-connect button will cause disconnect, and it will be re-connected automatically after 1.5 seconds.
- If console got stuck, pressing re-connect button will send all the information once again and will re-connect without page reload.
- If console got disconnected with any status code, and red lane with error message revealed, it will be re-connected automatically after 1.5 seconds.
To switch from HTML5 to Java console, go to Settings > Configuration menu.
We recommend to use Java 1.7, since OnApp VNC console was not tested with Java 1.8.