To back up a virtual server:
- Go to your Control Panel's Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the label of the server you want to back up.
- Click the Storage tab -> Disks. You'll see a list of the disks allocated to that virtual server.
- Click the Actions icon next to a disk you want to take a backup of, then click Backup.
You'll see a list of all the backups taken and pending for that disk, along with the tools to restore backups, delete them, and convert them to templates.
To make a backup, click the Take a Backup button at the end of the list. You may add a note and also Force Windows Backup
This option for Windows virtual servers is designed as a last resort, when the backup cannot be taken due to NTFS file system problems.
Switching this option will bring up a dialog box with the following message: "If you enable this option there is no guarantee that backup will be consistent."
Select "Yes" to proceed
- To restore a backup, click the Restore link next to the backup you want to revert to.
- To convert a backup into the custom template, click Convert to Template link next to the backup (see Create custom templates).
Backups in the OnApp Control Panel are associated with a particular user instead of being associated with a virtual server. To view the list of user backups, refer to View User Backups section.