You can migrate disks of your virtual servers to other data stores, which are allocated to the same compute resource. Unlike VS migration – disk migration requires reboot of the VS (despite the template it is based on).
To migrate a disk:
- Go to your Control Panel's Virtual Servers menu.
- Make sure your virtual server is powered off, then click its label to open its details screen.
- Click the Storage tab > Disks.
- Click the Actions button next to the disk you want to move to another data store, then click the Migrate button.
On the screen that appears, select a target data store from a drop-down box.
Click Start Migrate.
- You can only migrate disks to data stores in data store zones assigned to your billing plan.
- You cannot migrate a disk to a data store with less capacity than the disk size.
- If you move an 850GB disk between aggregates with 10GB actual usage, the 'dd' image of the local volume manager will take 850GB space, because the entire local volume manager is copied, including zero 'd space which may not be able to be recovered.