You can migrate disks of your smart servers to other data stores, which are allocated to the same smart compute resource or smart compute zone. Disk migration requires reboot of the smart server (despite the template it is based on).
To migrate a disk:
- Go to your Control Panel's Smart Servers menu.
- Make sure your smart server is powered off, then click its label to open its details screen.
- Click the Storage tab -> Disks.
Click the Actions button next to the disk you want to move to another data store, then click the Migrate button.
On the screen that appears, select a target data store from a drop-down box.
Click Start Migrate.
- You can only migrate disks to data stores in data store zones assigned to your billing plan.
- You cannot migrate a disk to a data store with less capacity than the disk size.
- Thin provisioning disks become thick provisioned after a disk migration. For example, if you use thin storage and move a 850GB disk between aggregates with 10GB actual usage, the 'dd' image of the local volume manager will take 850GB space, because the entire local volume manager is copied, including zero 'd space which may not be able to be recovered.