OnApp logs all cloud management actions that take place on cloud resources, including virtual servers, disks, data stores, hypervisors, templates, networks.
To access and manage logs:
Click the Control Panel's Logs menu to view the log of all transactions in the cloud.
- To view details of a specific transaction, click its Ref number.
- You can also search for a transaction using the search box at the top.
- You can filter logs by their status by clicking the appropriate button - Complete, Running or Failed at the top.
- Click Clean Logs to completely clear the logs.
- Click Cancel All Pending Tasks to cancel all tasks scheduled for completion.
- Click Cancel All Pending Backups to remove all pending backups.
- You can relegate "pending" transactions to failed status. For this mouse over the pending status icon of a transaction, and then click the cross icon that pops up. This option becomes available if the transaction has been pending for the period of time specified in the Settings > Configuration > Zombie transaction time parameter.
- Click the Failover Processes button to view the list of failover logs. See Failover Processes section for details.
Starting with OnApp version 4.0, users see transaction logs updated in real time. This is achieved by means of tail -f Unix command, which causes tail to not stop when end of file is reached, but rather to wait for additional data to be appended to the output.
To enhance readability, the following log items are pointed out with color and font size:
- Remote Server
- Executing Rollback