An OnApp installation requires at least two physical machines – one for the Control Panel server, and the other for the hypervisor server. You can have as many hypervisor servers as you need. You will also need storage for your virtual servers (a data store), and we recommend that you set up a separate server for storing backups and templates.
These are the minimum requirements for a small cloud. For a larger deployment, OnApp's technical team will advise you on the best possible setup.
Check with Server Config Reminder section for the info on supported versions of the servers.
- x64 platform with AMD-V/VT-x hardware virtualization support enabled (CentOS 5 or 6)
- Quad Core 2Ghz+ CPU
- 8GB+ RAM
- 3x Gig network interface cards (4 recommended)
- 30 GB of free disk space (SSD Recommended)
Control Panel server
- Dual or Quad Core 2Ghz+ CPU
- 8GB RAM (16GB+ recommended)
- 100GB Raid 1
- 2x Gig network interface cards
- 4GB RAM (8GB+ recommended)
- Dual or Quad Core 2Ghz+
- 2TB Storage mounted locally
- 2x Gig NIC
- CentOS 5 or 6 (x64)
- 1TB block storage minimum
- iSCSI, AoE or Fiber
- Can even be on a shared SAN
If you are going to use OnApp Integrated Storage, make sure to meet the following requirements:
|Integrated Storage Platform||Local Storage Only||Enterprise SAN|