To create new storage server:
- Go to your Control Panel > CDN > Storage Servers menu.
- Click the Create Storage Server button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in the storage server creation form step by step:
Step 1 of 4. Cloud Locations
The Cloud Locations step applies to those users who have compute zones assigned to location groups in their bucket.
If the user's bucket has several compute zones, some of which are assigned to location groups, whereas others are not - the cloud locations screen will not be available in the wizard. In this case the wizard will start with the Properties step.
Indicate your application server's cloud location:
- Country - choose the country, where the cloud is located, from the drop-down menu.
- City - specify the city, where the cloud is located, from the drop-down menu.
Step 2 of 4. Properties
Specify the storage server details:
- Specify the server's label in a human-recognizable format.
Select the storage server type: HTTP or Streaming.
A third party application - Wowza will be installed automatically when installing a streaming storage server and additional charges will apply. Please, contact your account manager for details.
- Location - choose the location group to assign this storage server to.
- Specify the compute resource and compute zone.
- Click Next.
Step 3 of 4. Resources
Set the resources needed for this storage server: RAM, CPU cores and CPU priority. The minimum RAM capacity is 2 GB.
- Choose a data store zone for this storage server’s primary disk
- Set the primary disk size (Storage server HDD). The minimum required disk size is 20 GB.
- Choose a network zone from the drop-down box.
- Choose the network from which the VS should get the IP address.
- If the option is available, you can also assign an IP address for the VS from the drop-down menu. Indicate compute resource and network to have the list of available IPs.
Tick the Show Only My IP Addresses checkbox to view only own IP addresses in the IP addresses drop-down box.
- Set the port speed in Mbps or tick it as unlimited.
- Click Next.
Step 4. Confirmation
- On the screen that appears, tick the Build Edge Server automatically box to build the storage server automatically, otherwise you will have to build your storage server manually after it is created.
- Click the Create Storage Server button to start the creation process.