This page contains the hardware requirements, CDN marketplace requirements and the recommended network configuration for OnApp CDN.
These are the minimum recommended specs for OnApp CDN controller, edge and storage servers:
|OnApp Controller Server||Compute Resource Servers||
Also below you can find hardware requirements for:
|Accelerator||Edge and Storage Servers|
CDN Marketplace Requirements
Edge servers submitted to the marketplace are assessed on a case-by-case basis before they are accepted. This helps us to ensure effective CDN performance for hosting providers and end users.
CDN storage server is not available in the marketplace (only HTTP and streaming edge servers are allowed).
The assessment process includes:
We benchmark your PoP via SSH. It must meet these minimum requirements:
- Max marketplace price of $0.05/GB (EU/US) or $0.20/GB (rest of world)
- Two or more edge servers (for redundancy)
Minimum edge server hardware/network/storage specs:
|CPU||Quad Core||Quad Core|
|RAID||None / RAID-0||None / RAID-0|
|IPs||3 Public IPs||1 Public IP|
|Disk Space||400 GB*||1TB**||1TB|
* this configuration provides you with a small disk and good IOPS performance
** this configuration provides you with a large disk and lower IOPS performance
Location/Existing Coverage Assessment
Next, we consider your PoP's physical location. Our aim is to ensure broad CDN coverage while preventing saturation of edge servers in a given location.
- A PoP in a new location is likely to be accepted as long as it passes the benchmark process.
- In a location with many existing PoPs, your server may not be accepted unless it has unusually good performance characteristics.
Benchmark + Location = Decision!
If your PoP is accepted, it is available immediately on the marketplace.
- If your PoP is not accepted for performance reasons, we'll raise a ticket for resolution with you, and keep it in view for reassessment in the future.
- If location issues prevented your PoP being accepted, we'll keep in view for reassessment in the future.
Recommended Network Configuration