To create a new storage server:
- Go to your Control Panel > CDN > Storage Servers menu.
- Click the Create Storage Server button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in the storage server creation form step by step:
Step 1 of 4. Cloud Locations
The Cloud Locations step applies to those users who have compute zones assigned to location groups in their billing plan. Indicate your storage server's cloud location: country and city. Click Next.
Step 2 of 4. Properties
Specify the storage server details:
- Specify the server's label in a human-recognizable format.
Select the storage server type: HTTP or Streaming.
A third party application - Wowza will be installed automatically when installing a streaming storage server and additional charges will apply. Please, contact your account manager for details.
Specify the compute resource and compute zone.
- Click Next.
Set the resources needed for this storage server: RAM, CPU cores and CPU priority.
8 GB is recommended for the RAM capacity but not less than 2 GB.
- Choose a data store zone for this storage server’s primary disk
- Set the primary disk size (Storage server HDD). The minimum required disk size is 30 GB.
- Choose a network zone from the drop-down box.
- If the option is available, you can also assign an IP address for the VS from the drop-down menu. Indicate compute resource and network to have the list of available IPs.
Tick the Show Only My IP Addresses check box to view only own IP addresses in the IP addresses drop box.
- Set the port speed in Mbps or tick it as unlimited. It is not possible to set port speed value for storage servers based on smart compute resource.
- Click Next.
- On the screen that appears, tick the Build Edge Server automatically box to build the storage server automatically, otherwise you will have to build your storage server manually after it is created.
- Click the Create Storage Server button to start the creation process.