To create new storage server:
- Go to your Control Panel > CDN > Storage Servers menu.
- Click the Create Storage Server button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in the storage server creation form step by step:
Step 1 of 3. Properties
Specify the storage server details:
- Specify the server's label in a human-recognizable format.
Select the storage server type: HTTP or Streaming.
A third party application - Wowza will be installed automatically when installing a streaming storage server and additional charges will apply. Please, contact your account manager for details.
- Location - choose the location group to assign this storage server to.
- CDN Location - choose CDN location group to assign this edge server to.
Specify the Compute resource and Compute zone.You can use smart Compute resources for CDN storage server deployment.
If your cloud has sufficient resources, but the Next button is dimmed during server creation, the reason might be a browser issue. For more information, refer to our Knowledge base article.
Set the resources needed for this storage server: RAM, CPU cores and CPU priority.The minimum RAM capacity is 2 GB.
- Choose a data store zone for this storage server’s primary disk.
Set the primary disk size (Storage server HDD).
The minimum required disk size is 20 GB, but it should not exceed 2 TB.
- Choose a network zone from the drop-down box.
- Choose the network from which the VS should get the IP address.
- If the option is available, you can also assign an IP address for the VS from the drop-down menu. Indicate Compute resource and network to have the list of available IPs.
Tick the Show Only My IP Addresses check box to view only own IP addresses in the IP addresses dropbox.
- Set the port speed in Mbps or tick it as unlimited. It is not possible to set port speed value for storage servers based on smart Compute resources.
- Click Next.
- On the screen that appears, move the Build Edge Server Automatically slider to the right if you want to build the storage server automatically, otherwise, you will have to build your storage server manually after it is created.
- Click the Create Storage Server button to start the creation process.