Please note that this page is applicable to the Cloud Owner role only.
Go to your DNS registrar and delegate your desired domain (e.g., customercnamedomain.net) NS records to ns1.worldcdn.net, ns2.worldcdn.net, ns3.worldcdn.net, and ns4.worldcdn.net. If the NS is not delegated properly, the Domain is not added successfully error appears on the Dashboard.
To set up a CDN domain:
1. Go to your Dashboard (admin.onapp.com) > CDN > Portal menu.
2. On the following page, click on the CDN Management drop-down list and select Domain Setting.
3. On the page that appears, you can edit the following:
- CDN Base Domain - specify the desired domain.
4. Click OK to save the changes or Cancel to discard the changes. The system will validate whether the domain has been delegated properly.
We use the
dig command to verify the domain NS delegation. Run the following command and check whether the NS has been delegated correctly:
The correct result from the
dig command should be the following:
It is strongly advisable that you dedicate the root domain to OnApp CDN. It is important to avoid interruption of the operation of CDN service due to intermittent DNS issues with your root domain DNS or any other cascading events. No further records can be added to this CDN domain once you added them on the Dashboard. We recommend that you use a new domain without an existing record.