The API key is used instead of the user credentials during API operations. On this page, you can find information on how to manage the API keys.
To generate a key for a user, go to the user's profile page at Control Panel > Admin > Users > Full Name and click the Add API Key button in the API Info section. On the dialog box that loads you will see the generated key and can add it a description.
- This is the only time you can see and copy an API key. We do not store the keys for security reasons.
- There is a limit of 100 API keys per user. To increase the limit:
- Open file /onapp/interface/config/info_hub.yml.
- Add parameter api.max_keys and set an appropriate value for API keys limit.
To see a whole list of API keys assigned to a user together with their details:
Go to the user's profile page at Control Panel > Admin > Users > Full Name and click Manage API Keys in the API info section. On the page that loads, you will the list of API keys together with their details:
Key - first 5 symbols of a key
Description - description of a key added during creation
Created Date - date and time when a key was created
Last Access Date - date and time when the key was last used
Delete - click to delete a key
To delete a key:
- Go to the user's profile page at Control Panel > Admin > Users > Full Name and click Manage API Keys in the API Info section.
- Click Delete next to the key you want to delete.