You can manage static compute resource hardware devices (disks and network interfaces), which are configured during Static compute resource creation.
To edit static compute resource hardware devices configuration:
- Go to Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu > Compute Resources > label of compute resource > Tools > Hardware Devices.
- The page that loads displays the Storage versions details and the list of devices together with their details. The Storage version displays the onappstore rpm version and may have the UNKNOWN VERSION value if the compute resource was booted from an older ramdisk image.
- For disks - name, status and SCSi identifier
- For network interfaces - name, status and MAC
- Click the Edit Hardware Device Configuration button.
- Assign each disk to Storage or to Cache, or leave it unassigned
- Configure disks:
- Unassigned - leave the disk unused
- Assigned to Storage - select this option to use this disk into storage datastore
- Assigned to Cache - select this option to use this disk for DM-Cache
- Configure network interfaces. For each Compute resource NIC, you can use one of the following options:
- Unassigned - leave the NIC unused.
- Assigned to SAN - select this option to use this interface for storage network. In this case, NIC interface will be bonded with virtual network interface of the Storage Controller Server.
- Click Next.
- After devices are successfully reconfigured, click Finish.