Auto-backup presets are a simple way to set up an automatic backup schedule when virtual servers are created. Once configured, they can be applied to a VS automatically when the Automatic Backups Required box is checked during VS creation.
A number of preset backup time periods are available (daily, weekly, monthly and annual backups) which are configured further by specifying how often each backup is taken. So, for example, you can set up automatic backups every 2 days, every 1 month, or even every 12 months (the same as every 1 year). Each type of backup can be enabled or disabled.
To view and edit auto-backup presets:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu
- Click the Auto-backup Presets icon. You'll see a list of the presets available on the following screen, and whether they are enabled or not.
- To change a preset, click its Actions icon, then click Edit to change the following auto-backup preset details:
- Period - the frequency of how often the backups are taken per period type
- Period type - the period for which the auto backup preset is set that can be Days, Weeks, Months, and Years
- Rotation frequency - the number of backups to keep before deleting the initial backup
- Enabled - the status that indicates whether the auto-backup preset is enabled or not
- Click the Save button to finish.
- To add more schedules, click Back.
You can also configure the re-run period for auto-backup in case of auto-backup transaction failure. By default, it is set to 3 hours, but you may change the time value in the info_hub.yaml configuration file.