You can manage CloudBoot compute resource devices (disks, network interfaces, and PCI devices), which are configured during Create CloudBoot Compute Resource.
To edit CloudBoot compute resource devices configuration:
- Go to Control Panel > Admin > Settings > Compute Resources > Label > Tools > Hardware devices.
- The page that loads displays the Storage and CloudBoot versions details and the list of devices together with their details. The Storage version displays the onappstore rpm version and may have the UNKNOWN VERSION value if the compute resource was booted from an older ramdisk image.
- For disks - name, status, and SCSi identifier
- For network interfaces - name, status, and MAC
- Click the Edit Device Configuration button.
- Configure disks:
- move the Passthrough all disks slider to the right to pass through all disks to Storage Controller Server without the bond and the Storage Controller Server will have the complete control over disks.
- assign each disk to Storage or to Cache, or leave it unassigned
- for disks assigned to Cache, specify the number of mirrors and stripes
- Configure cache settings:
- Number of cache mirrors - specify the number of cache mirrors for the compute resource
- Number of cache stripes - specify the number of cache stripes for the compute resource
- Configure network interfaces. For each Compute resource NIC, you can use one of the following options:
- Unassigned - leave the NIC unused.
- SAN subnet - select this option to use this interface for the storage network. In this case, NIC interface will be bonded with the virtual network interface of the Storage Controller Server.
- Passthrough to storage - this option is available for Xen CloudBoot compute resources. The network interface will be added to the Storage Controller Server without the bond and the Storage Controller Server will have the complete control over this interface.
- Passthrough to Guest - this option is available for smart CloudBoot Compute resources. The network interface will be added to the smart server.
- Click Next.
After devices are successfully reconfigured, click Finish.
Note that Storage drives cannot be formatted as integrated storage in case they were previously used in LVM. Therefore, you need to run the following commands to clean the device: