Networks can easily be attached and removed from compute resources. This association between a compute resource and a network is called a network join.
- You can add networks to a compute resource only if they are assigned to zones of the same type. For more information, refer to Zone Types.
- Note that starting from OnApp 5.4, it is allowed to attach only one network to a NIC, and different networks can be assigned to the same NICs if their VLANs are different. If you attach more than one network to the same NIC, all of them will be displayed in the interface, but only one will work.
To add/remove network joins:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu.
- Click the Compute Resources icon.
- Click the label of the compute resource you want to manage networks for.
- On the screen that appears, click the Actions button, point to Management Options, and select Manage Networks.
- On the screen that follows, you'll see a list of all networks currently associated with this compute resource.
To remove a network join, clicknext to it. You'll be asked for confirmation before the network is removed.
To attach a new network join, fill in the following fields:
- Interface - enter the interface name of the network join (eth0, eth1)
- Network - select a network from the drop-down list
Then click Add Network.