- Starting from OnApp 6.0, the CDN accelerator is free of charge. You can enable acceleration for a network and the Edge Accelerator instance is created automatically.
- For details on how to install Accelerator functionality, refer to Edge Accelerator Deployment at Install Compute Resources.
OnApp introduces a new type of virtual server - Edge Accelerator. Edge Accelerator empowers any websites/VS hosted on OnApp Cloud to use CDN with just one single button without any modification. Edge Accelerator gives your customers all the benefits of a global CDN without any of the hassles of configuring and maintaining a CDN platform. Edge Accelerator requires no modifications to the web applications running on virtual servers. All optimization is entirely automatic, and using minification & lossless compression of pages, scripts, and images, will not modify or reduce the quality of the source content.
Edge Accelerator is a new type of VS, which is built from a specific template and is aimed to serve as a router for traffic between CDN core and CDN-enabled Virtual Servers.
- Contact your account manager to enable Edge Accelerator on your Cloud Licence.
- Ensure that RabbitMQ is configured for the proper usage of Edge Accelerator.
- Only HTTP (TCP port 80) and HTTPS (TCP port 443) are supported. Other protocols will be passed through to the VS directly.
- In order to route the VS traffic, the VS must be on the same network with the Edge Accelerator.
- CDN Accelerator does not support Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6).
A schematic of the process architecture is shown below: