Baremetal servers are provisioned via KVM CloudBoot compute resources. You need to add and configure a baremetal CloudBoot compute resource before you can create a baremetal server. See thesection for details.
To create a baremetal server:
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Baremetal Servers menu.
- On the screen that appears, click + button or click the Add New Baremetal Server button underneath the list of servers on the screen.
- Complete the baremetal server creation form:
Step 1. Cloud Locations (Optional)
The Cloud Locations step is available for users whose bucket includes сompute zones assigned to 2 or more location groups. If Cloud Locations are not available or there are less than 2 location groups, the wizard starts from the Templates step. The Cloud Locations step is present in the wizard if the following requirements are satisfied:
- All compute zones that are added to a user's bucket are assigned to location groups.
- Compute zones that are added to a user's bucket are not assigned to the same location group.
When you are the Cloud Locations step, select a location for your virtual server:
- Country - select a country where the cloud is located
- City - select a city from the country where the cloud is located
Click Next to proceed to the following steps of the wizard.
Step 2. Templates
Сhoose a template to build a baremetal server on, then click Next.
The management network should be disconnected during the baremetal server deployment.
The image templates for provisioning the baremetal servers are stored in the following locations depending on the configuration:
1. If Use SSH File transfer CP configuration option is enabled in Control Panel Admin > Settings >Configuration menu, then the image template will be fetched from the specified server.
2. If Use SSH File transfer option is disabled, the image templates are located at/onapp/templates, which is mounted from server specified in Static Config target CP configuration option (Control Panel > Admin > Settings > Configuration menu). Usually this is set to Control Panel server IP, but you can change it to be any other server.
You can find the list of templates for baremetal server creation under the following links (marked by "Yes" in column "Baremetal"):
Step 3. Properties
Label - the label of the virtual server.
- Hostname - the hostname of the virtual server. The hostname may consist of letters [A-Z a-z], digits [0-9] and dash [ - ]
Domain - specify the domain for this VS. The default value is localdomain. This parameter is not applicable to Windows virtual servers.
Time zone - set the time zone for the virtual server. This parameter is applicable only to Windows KVM virtual servers. Currently, the time zone is set at the compute resource side only. Therefore, users need to set the target time zone inside a Windows VS manually. Setting correct time zone at the compute resource side helps to keep correct time inside a VS after starting it if time synchronization is not completed for some reason.
- Password - a secure password for the Baremetal Server. If you leave password field blank, it will be generated automatically.
- Password confirmation - repeat the password to confirm it.
- Encrypt password - move the Encrypt Password slider to the right, to encrypt your password, then enter an encryption key in the field that appears.
- Click Next.
Step 4. Resources
For baremetal server creation, all disks in the Control Panel are used in their full size.
- Compute Zone - choose a baremetal compute zone to build the baremetal server on.
- Compute resource - choose a specific baremetal compute resource to reside the baremetal server on.
Network Interface 1
- Network - select the network from which the baremetal server should get the IP address
- IP net - select from the drop-down list the IP net from which the IP address should be assigned
- IP range - select from the drop-down list the IP range from which the IP address should be assigned
IP address - select an IP address to be assigned from the drop-down list
- Show only my IP address - tick this checkbox to view only own IP addresses in the IP addresses drop-down list.
Baremetal servers require a minimum of two NICs - one for the appliance network (or more) and one for the management network.
Step 5. Recipes (Optional)
The Recipes step is available only if there are any recipes and recipe groups in the cloud. Otherwise, the Submit button will appear at the Resources step.
- Select the required recipe in the left Available recipes pane and hold it down with the left mouse button.
- Drag the recipe up to the right Assigned for provisioning pane and release the mouse button to drop and assign the recipe to the required baremetal server.
Custom recipes variables
Click the + button to add a custom variable.
- Name - specify the recipe name.
- Value - specify the recipe value.
- Enabled - move the slider to the right next to the necessary recipe to allow its use.
Click the Submit button. The baremetal server will be added to the system. You can view it under the Baremetal Servers menu.