You can define custom variables for particular baremetal servers. Each custom variable is a name-value set that can be used during the recipe implementation. Custom variables are set on a per server basis. You can create custom variables during the baremetal server creation or via the baremetal server Tools menu.
To create a new custom variable:
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Baremetal Servers menu.
- You'll see a list of all baremetal servers in your cloud. Click the name of a server for which you want to create a variable.
- On the screen, click the Tools tab, then choose Custom Recipe Variables.
- On the screen that appears, click the "+" button.
- Specify the recipe name and its value.
- Move the Enabled slider to the right to allow the use of this recipe.
- Click Save.
To edit a custom variable, click the Edit icon next to the required variable and change its details.
To delete a custom variable, click the Delete icon next to the variable you want to remove. You will be asked to confirm the deletion.
It is possible to set custom variables for image templates, as well as for baremetal servers.
Baremetal server custom variables will always overlay template custom variables.