Applications are deployed on application servers, which are created based on the default Application Server template. This Application Server template is provided as a system template. Based on this, you can arrange applications as a paid resource for your end-users. For this, set the price per Application Server template per hour in Template store. So, each server deployed on this template will be billed according to the price set.
To charge for application server:
- Add Application Server template to the required template group.
- Add the template group to the Access Control of the bucket at Control Panel > Admin > Buckets > Label > Access Control > Other so that users assigned to the bucket have access to the required templates.
- Specify the maximum number of application servers users can create in the Miscellaneous section of the bucket's Access Control.
- Add the template store to the Rate Card of the bucket at Control Panel > Admin > Buckets > Label > Rate Card > Other to set the price for using the required template.
As a single template can be included in multiple template stores, the same template will have the same price in all the template stores added to the rate card of a single bucket. If you add/edit the price of a template in one template store, the price of the same template will change to the new value in all the template stores in the rate card.
Once you add a template to the Rate Card, all the template stores that contain that template will be added to that Rate Card with a price set only for that template.
When the relevant template group is added to the bucket, a user can deploy an application server.
- Create Application Server
- Manage Application Servers
- Application Server Disks
- Application Server Transactions and Logs