Edge accelerator is a type of VS, which is built from specific template and is aimed to serve as a router for traffic between CDN core and CDN-enabled virtual servers. You can further enable edge accelerator for a VS to speed up the traffic flow running for this particular server.
To create an edge accelerator:
- Ensure that edge accelerator permissions are enabled before you create an edge accelerator. For more information, refer to the Permissions page.
- Go to your Control Panel > Cloud > Edge Accelerators menu and click the "+" button, or click the Create Edge Accelerator button at the bottom of the screen. This will start a creation wizard.
- Fill in the wizard step by step. Each of these steps is described in the corresponding sections below.
- Click the Create Edge Accelerator button to start the creation process. You will be taken to the edge accelerator details screen.
Below you can find the requirements for edge accelerator creation:
- Minimum: 4 cores, 4GB RAM and 100GB disks
- Recommended: 8 cores, 16 GB RAM and 1TB disks
- SSD recommended to avoid slowing down access
For information on how to bill your end users for applying acceleration to VSs, refer to Configure Resource Allocation And Prices.
Step 1 of 3. Properties
Specify the following edge accelerator properties:
- Label - the label of the edge accelerator
- Compute Zone - the compute zone to build the edge accelerator on
Compute Resource - the specific compute resource to build the edge accelerator on. Only Xen and KVM compute resources are supported
Click Next to proceed to the following step of the wizard to specify the edge accelerator resources.
Step 2 of 3. Resources
Define the resources for your edge accelerator:
- RAM - set the amount of edge accelerator's RAM.
- CPU Cores - set the amount of edge accelerator's CPU cores. For KVM compute resources, this parameter sets CPU sockets by default, unless CPU topology is enabled.
CPU Priority (or CPU Units) - set edge accelerator's CPU priority. If the CPU units are switched on in the bucket for this user, then CPU priority is replaced with CPU units. Refer to Billing Calculation section for details on CPU units and CPU priority.
The following options are available for VSs based on KVM compute resources only, providing the Enable CPU topology permission is switched on for the user.
- Use CPU Topology - move the slider to the right, to set the following parameters:
CPU Sockets - set the amount of sockets
CPU Threads - set the amount of threads per core
- Data Store Zone - choose a data store zone for edge accelerator's primary disk
- Primary disk size - set the primary disk size
- Network Zone - choose a network zone from the drop-down box. Only one edge accelerator is supported per network
- Network - choose the network from which the VS should get the IP address
- Selected IP address - assign an IP address for the edge accelerator from the drop-down menu. Only public IP Address can be chosen
- Show only my IP address - tick this checkbox to view only own IP addresses in the IP addresses dropbox
- Port Speed - set the port speed for this edge accelerator (or tick the checkbox below to set unlimited port speed)
During edge accelerator creation special ID is created which is allocated to IP Address.
Click Next to proceed to the following step of the wizard.
Step 3 of 3. Confirmation
At this step, configure the automation settings. This is the final step of the edge accelerator creation wizard.
Move the Build Edge Accelerator slider to the right if you want the system to automatically build the edge accelerator.
After you set up these parameters, click the Create Edge Accelerator button to start the creation process.