When attempting to add a data store to a compute resource in the UI, the data store does not appear in the drop-down list.
LVM/SAN data stores
If a data store is supposed to be shared but has a No in the shared column, it cannot be added to any other compute resources.
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu.
- Click the Data Stores icon.
- Click the Actions button next to the data store you want to check and select Edit.
- On the page that appears, make sure that:
• Local Compute Resource - is blank
• Enabled - the slider is moved to the right
5. Click the Save Data Store button.
If a storage is local to a compute resource, it cannot be shared by simply modifying this setting.
If a data store is OnApp Integrated Storage and a compute resource is not in the same zone, it is not accessible for use by this compute resource.