Basic Functionality Tests for OnApp
My cloud has been installed/updated and I would like to test the functions of the cloud. What tasks can I run to confirm that it works?
All versions of OnApp
These are some ideas for testing the cloud functionality:
- Create a Linux-based virtual server and check if it is accessible via ssh and console.
- Take a backup of the new virtual server.
- Restore the backup to the new virtual server.
- Change IPs on the virtual server. Rebuild the network. Check if it is accessible.
- Add a firewall rule to DROP port 22. Check if you can still ssh to the virtual server (you shouldn't be able to).
- Change the default firewall rule to DROP - check ping (you shouldn't be able to).
- Change the firewall rules back to the default ones.
- Migrate the virtual server to a different compute resource (preferably hot migrate, if available)
- Destroy the new virtual server.
If your cloud depends on some tasks, such as provisioning Windows-based virtual servers, using a certain template, load balancers, etc., you can add some test cases for your specific needs as well.