Static resources are compute resources that run on Xen or KVM virtualization environment and make use of the local, shared, or OnApp Integrated storage.
Static compute resources have a number of advantages for users, such as:
- Provide system resources such as CPU, memory, and network
- Control the virtual differentiation of entities, such as virtual servers and application data being delivered to cloud-hosted applications
- Take care of secure virtualization and channeling of storage, data communications, and server processing
- Can be located at different geographical zones
- Can have different CPU and RAM
- Can be associated with the data stores, networks, and backup servers of the same type
This section lists different issues related to static compute resources and provides step-by-step resolutions.