Application Server is a regular VS based on default CentOS template with pre-installed additional software. This software allows you to install and have up & running various PHP/Perl/Python frameworks (like Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress etc.) on a server using web interface.
- To activate Application Server functionality you need to activate appropriate license at OnApp dashboard.
- Application servers allow you to deploy different applications on your cloud. For more info refer to Applications.
- The following field in OnApp configuration should be necessarily filled in, as system_email is used for proper configuration of application server: Control Panel's Settings menu > Configuration > System tab > Email > From.
- Starting with OnApp 5.4 version, application servers functionality is applicable for users with vCloud Director integration. Ensure that Create a new virtual server and Compute zones permissions are on before creating edge server for vCloud.
Application Server gives you high-end cloud management features including:
The following options are not available for application servers:
- Reset Root Password
- Set SSH keys
- Integrated console
- Convert backup to template
- Recipe Custom Variables