User Additional Fields allow administrators to create custom fields and use them with the API or a third party system. The custom fields are stored and edited in the user profile.
As an administrator you can create additional field via Users and Groups menu. Then when going to a particular user profile, you can use the additional fields as a complementary information. For more info refer to the Create user section of this guide.
- The User additional fields permissions control the ability to create/edit/delete user additional fields.
- The Update any user permission controls the ability to assign an additional field for a particular user when creating a new user.
For more information about permissions refer to the List of all OnApp Permissions section of this guide.
To add a new Additional Field:
- Log in to the Control Panel as an Admin.
- Go to the Users and Groups menu.
- On the screen that appears, click the User Additional Fields button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the Create Additional Field at the bottom of the list.
- Fill in the form that appears. You can choose the string/integer data type, and set the Default Value that will be displayed if a user hasn't specified data for this field, or if they have entered information that doesn't match the data type.
- Click the Create New Field button to finish.
To edit or delete an additional field:
- Click the Edit icon next to an additional field to change its details.
- Click the Delete icon next to an additional field to delete it.