To edit a user account:
- Go to your Control Panel's Users and Groups menu. You'll see a list of all user accounts in your cloud.
- Click the Edit icon next to the user you want to edit.
- Change their details as required on the screen that appears:
- Move the Use Gravatar slider to the right to use the gravatar image.
- Login name - provide user login name. It can consist of 2-40 characters, letters [A-Za-z], digits [0-9], dash [ - ], lower dash [ _ ], [@]. You can use both lower- and uppercase letters. For vCloud Director users this will be the user's vCloud Director user name.
- First name - specify user first name. It can consist of any 1-20 characters.
- Last name - specify user last name. It can consist of any 1-20 characters.
For vCloud Director users, the First name and Last name comprise the user's full name in vCloud Director.
- Email address - specify user email. For vCloud Director users, this will be the user's email in the vCloud Director database.
- Time zone - select the required time zone from the drop-down box.
- Locale - specify user locale settings by selecting the appropriate locale from the drop-down box(see Locales section for details).
- System theme - specify the desirable theme for the user CP look and feel.By default, the global cloud settings are applied.
- Password - specify user password and confirm it. The password can consist of 6-40 characters and must meet the password complexity requirements. For vCloud Director users, this will be the user's vCloud Director password.
- Repeat password - repeat user password
- Display infoboxes - move the slider to the right to display guidance infoboxes for the user.
- Billing plan - select the required billing plan from the drop-down box.
- User roles - select the user role for this user. For vCloud Director users, select one of the vCloud Director roles.
- User group - assign user to the user group by selecting the required user group from the drop-down box. For vCloud Director users, assign a user to vCloud Director Organization(s). If you select several user groups the user will belong to several organizations at the same time and have access to the resources of these organizations.
- Auto suspending - edit the auto-suspending options.
- Click the Save button to finish.
Pay attention to the following points regarding the vCloud Director users:
- When you change the First or Last Name, the vCloud Director Full Name value is edited.
- When you change the Password, the password in vCloud Director is also changed.
- When you change the user role, the user's role in vCloud Director is also updated.
- You cannot change the user's user group (organization).
- If you set Suspend settings for a user, the suspend action at OnApp will disable the user in vCloud Director.
You can also view and change the following settings when editing a user: