To change the name, VLAN or network zone of an existing network:
- Go to your Control Panel's Settings menu.
- Click the Networks icon.
- Click the Actions button next to the network you want to change, then click Edit.
- On the screen that follows, change the details of the network:
- Label - the name of the network. The network label is simply your choice of a human-readable name – "public", "external", "1Gb", "10Gb" etc.
- VLAN - a VLAN number. The VLAN field only needs to be given a value if you are tagging the IP addresses you will add to this network with a VLAN ID (IEEE 802.1Q). If you plan to tag IP addresses in this way, you need to make sure the link to the public interface on the Compute resources is a trunked network port. If you are not VLAN tagging addresses, this field can be left blank and the public port on the Compute resource can be an access port.
- Network Zone - assign the network to a network zone if required.
- Click the Save Network button to save the changes.