To add a new network:
- Go to your Control Panel's Settings menu.
- Click the Networks icon: the screen that appears shows every network available in your cloud.
- Click the Add New Network button at the end of the list.
- On the screen that follows, specify the following network details:
- Label - choose a name for the network. The network label is simply your choice of a human-readable name – "public", "external", "1Gb", "10Gb" etc.
- VLAN - fill in a VLAN number. The VLAN field only needs to be given a value if you are tagging the IP addresses you will add to this network with a VLAN ID (IEEE 802.1Q). If you plan to tag IP addresses in this way, you need to make sure the link to the public interface on the Compute resources is a trunked network port. If you are not VLAN tagging addresses, this field can be left blank and the public port on the Compute resource can be an access port.
- Network Zone - assign the network to a network zone if required
- Click the Add Network button to finish.
Once you have added a network to OnApp you will need to add an IP address range to the new network.
Baremetal servers are not compatible with VLANs.