You can edit all the resources set for an instance package.
To edit an instance package:
- Go to your Control Panel's Instance packages menu.
The screen that appears, shows the list of all instance packages. Click the Actions button next the instance package you are interested in and select Edit.
Only those instance packages that are not used in a billing plan and during VS creation can be edited. If you try to edit an instance package that is used an error message will appear.
- On the page that loads, you can edit the following details:
- Label - edit the name of the instance package.
- CPUs - move the slider to set the number of CPU cores available in the instance package. The maximum CPUs value is 8.
- Memory - move the slider to set the RAM size (MB) available in the instance package. The maximum value is 16384 MB by default.
- Disk Size - move the sider to set the Disk size (GB) available in the instance package. The maximum value is 100 GB by default.
- Bandwidth - move the slider to set the bandwidth (GB) available in the instance package. The maximum value is 450 GB by default. Otherwise, tick the check box to set bandwidth to unlimited.
- Click Save to finish.
You can change the default minimum and/or maximum values for memory, disk size and bandwidth by adding the following parameters to the config/on_app.yml file and restarting OnApp services:
- instance_package_min_disk_size (GB)
- instance_package_max_disk_size (GB)
- instance_package_max_memory (MB)
- instance_package_min_bandwidth (GB)